Thursday, February 11, 2010

Life Lessons

I have learned a lot during my job search. I have learned that relationships are more important in life than jobs. I have learned that the ups and downs emotionally are wearing. I have learned to trust God more. Over the past years, God has placed different songs on my heart during different times of struggle. The past few months, one particular line from TobyMac's Lose my Soul keeps coming back to my mind, "Father God, I am clay in your hands......" Humor me and listen to the rest of the song. There is some really good perspective there. See, a reality is that my pay could go down during this time of job change and tough economy. That's hard on a man's ego. I'm the provider. I've worked hard to build my job/career to this point. Would God really want me to make LESS? Maybe. Probably. See money isn't his greatest concern. It's my soul, and my wife's soul, and my kid's souls and my friend's souls. THAT is what God cares about. Make it a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment