Sunday, January 10, 2010

God Spoke at Church Again Today.....To Me

It's been a tough week. While I have been a finalist for 3 jobs recently, I realize that I won't likely get an offer from any of them. I will spare you the details how I learned this (it definitely has NOT been from the companies), but at any rate, it's a depressing way to start the new year. Then I went to church this morning. Keep in mind I was really in no mood to go to church this morning, but I knew that God would meet me there right where I'm at....He always does.

So, the message this morning was from Exodus 2, the familiar story of Moses getting left in the reeds by the Nile river. Today the story had a little different twist than other times. Remember how Pharoah's daughter came to find the little boy in the basket? Those of us who know the story well, get warm fuzzies remembering that part of the story as the rescue. Imagine being present (as sister Miriam was) when this happened though. It was likely the WORST thing that could have happened. You are kidding me! What luck. Pharoah has decreed that all baby boys be drowned in the Nile and now his daughter is the one to find Moses? Things can't get worse. Yet we know that the story unfolds to allow Moses' mother to nurse him and even get paid by Pharoah's daughter to do it. Seriously? So the one step back in having Pharoah's daughter show up, actually turned out for good?

Pharoah's daughter visited me this past week. It was clearly a step back in my job search. It was depressing. It has been a time of anxiety. Money is finite. Benefits are ending this month. God is really working on my dependence on Him, and most days I fail. But, everyday I'm given the choice: Am I going to be positive and depend on God, or be miserable and depend on myself. I woke up this morning bummed out and depending on self and at worship, God said, "Cut it out...this step back this week is only to prepare you for what I know lies ahead for you." OK, God I will depend on you more today and I am choosing to face the day with a positive attitude and reliance on You.

Make it a great day, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment