Monday, January 11, 2010

Radical Transformations

This job search is bound to make a change in who I am. These major changes in life always do, right? So to overcompensate for my depressing week last week in the job hunt, my wife and I decided to go radical. Some of you know that our dream is to makeover our kitchen/family room into a large updated kitchen. Sitting here last week realizing that the savings account is going down rather than up, and realizing that our dream is many moons away, we decided to make our kitchen more enjoyable...NOW. So, I spent the better part of Saturday re-organizing the kitchen cabinets and pantry (not my wife's strong point), and down came a set of cabinets. We have not liked those things since we moved in, from the fact that you can't cook in the kitchen and see your guests in the family room, to the bright fluorescent bulbs shining in your face when you look toward the kitchen. Here are the before and after pix. Thanks to my friend Tyson who came to help me move the heavy things. We love it already and haven't even painted yet. Just wait! Can lighting and paint for the walls and cabinets this week! So, the kitchen and I can go through the radical transformation together. Make it a great day!



















1 comment:

  1. Wow - this looks great, Kevin. And, what a fun thing to enjoy for all of your entertaining. Keep your head up...God HAS a plan. We often hear at church - God ALWAYS follows His scripture but SELDOM does he follow our script. Always a good reminder that it's a good thing He's in control & we're not - b/c He makes all things work together for those who love Him.

    ReplyDelete