Monday, December 7, 2009

Chaos abounds

What a weekend. I didn't sit down yesterday until about 9 pm last night. My wife and I are youth group leaders for the Sr. High group at our church and yesterday was a crazy day! My wife spent the whole day at church. First worship, then work in the newly created youth room, then music practice. This is our third year leading youth group and our youth have never really had a place to call their own. So....the past months (since July), we have spent countless hours building a room in the basement of our church for the youth. I have to admit it's pretty cool and quite rewarding to enjoy, but man has it sapped us. Anyway, this weekend we have our grand opening for the room, which includes worship (thus the music practice listed above), a talk by a local college football coach and a pie and ice cream social. Sunday night into Monday we will take a collective deep breath to appreciate that the long journey of creating a space is over.
On Saturday I attended a double-header basketball game for my 9 yr old. Wow, is that interesting! As a basketball player, this dad has to keep his mouth shut on the sidelines, there is so much for these boys to learn. Patience.....Patience. After the game my son had a friend over to play for the afternoon and I got to witness my 6 yr old daughter attempting at every turn to get the friend's attention. She came home from dance practice at 12:30 pm and immediately went down to change clothes. She came up in a pretty dress over tights (much too nice for a Sat afternoon at home) and proceeded to make herself visible to the friend. When asked why she dressed so nicely, she informed me that she needed to look nice for "him" and pointed at said friend. Oh man, I'm not ready for this yet...she's only 6! So, as you can see, the weekend flew by and now I continue the job search this Monday. Oh, more to come on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment