Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The job and the holidays

First I will try to briefly address yesterday's post regarding my job. At the end of September my position was eliminated due to restructuring at UCB Pharma. I had worked for them for nearly 8 years and loved my job. Needless to say, God's been working on me for a few weeks now. He's convicting me of my lack of patience and growing my reliance on Him. I could write for a few hours about the topic but will spare you the details. I may be sprinkling in some of my reflections from the job search over the next days however.
On a more joyous topic, the holiday season has begun at our house. First you will see that my son baked cookies for some of the neighbors. His teacher at school challenged the kids to come up with 12 days of blessing, where you would bless 12 different people/families with some act of kindness. I'm very proud of the boy. On his own, he came up with some very unique ideas and has been busy putting the thoughts to action. He delivered the cookies on his own, and who knows what he said, but I hope it was coherent and from the heart.



















Second, my daughter felt the tradition of making a gingerbread house was top priority, so while it has yet to be completed, here is what we have so far.
Actually it is farther than that, but not yet complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment